Real Name: Rachel Cooper
Known Aliases: '
Cover Profession: Co-owner of The Foundry
Eye Color: green
Hair Color: light brown, often dyed or streaked
Skin Color: light tan
Marks or tattoos: '
Currently Based: Cleveland, Ohio
Marital Status: none
Relatives: various, mostly in the midwestern USA
Pistols, Blood Magic, Assault Rifles
• HISTORY NOTES •
- Sensitive as child - adults wrote it off to imagination
- Restless and curious, quick learner
- Relatively unchallenged by school, often took studies further independently - dropped out of college.
- Practiced flute and taekwondo beginning at young age - branched out to other martial arts.
- Fairly wealthy family, not grossly so - able to indulge in hobbies and travel.
- Very independent - avoids dealing with most of her family - they just don't get the big picture
- Science and computers were hobbies since middle school. Coding, hardware, case mods - working at shops and selling custom rigs online.
- Developed a mobile translator app/device, travels to test and refine it; collecting languages
- Travels - Europe, Asia, South America, and North America - The Silent Monks selected her somewhere in eastern Europe or southern Asia.
- Fascinated by myths & legends - tries to learn what she can on her journeys - believes there is a great deal that science can not yet explain.
- Has an ability to read people that's helped her avoid a lot of danger. Her training in martial arts and firearms (hunting and sidearms) have saved her from the fights she could not avoid.
• TRAINING •
Computer Hardware, Software and Coding
Tinkering including Arduino, R/C, Shortwave, Magnetism and more
Gunsmithing and repair
• CABAL & BUSINESS •
Geargoyle is the co-owner of The Foundry, a hackerspace co-op located in Cleveland, Ohio. For the past few years, it's been home to a wide variety of eccentric inventors - from transhuman cyberpunks to swordsmiths, glassblowers to roboticists. In addition to hardened, conditioned power and full fiber internet connections, The Foundry offers Biosafety Level 3 labs and EM Shielded workspaces in limited quantities. Shared equipment includes large-scale CNC and 3-D printing, laser cutting, forges and ovens, and so much more! The co-op's members and crew call themselves Tesla's Irregulars.
In addition to their work within the workshop, Tesla's Irregulars sell their creations and services to other Secret Worlders and in the wider world as well. They travel worldwide to improve their various crafts, advancing research and making new contacts. One final amenity is the Faraday Cage, the on-site Industrial club with a bird's eye view of The Foundry's main workshop floor.
Following the crisis in Tokyo and the unusual bee infestations, Geargoyle and some other members of the shop have taken on new roles, new talents. The business is shifting, and Tesla's Irregulars are ready to bring their unique brand of troubleshooting to bear against the horrors and wonders of the Secret World.